Mon Ciel Bleu

I like it when the sky is blue. :)

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Went to see the East Asian Football Championship with Eugene in Yokohama yesterday. (tickets courtesy of Eugene - it's my birthday gift =D) HK vs. China for 3rd place and Korea vs. Japan for the Cup. We arrived there at around 3:30, and we moved from the un-assigned seats to the HK supporters' seats to the Korean supporters' seats. (Eugene is half-Korean, half-American but he doesn't look ANYTHING like an asian) Anyway, it was sooo much fun with the red devils (Korean national team supporters). Eugene lend me a small Korean flag and I put it on my head like little red riding hood and he drew the Korean national symbols on my face just like the ones on his. I blend in so well that Eugene said I looked like a Korean girl who had influenced her American boyfriend to become Korean. Which is completely false...either way. It was also funny how he had to translate everything the red devils leader said back to me...yet I'm the one who is Korean-like.
During the Korean national anthem we had the huge flag over us. I've always seen it done on TV, but never thought that I could be a part of it. The Korean cheer was a lot of fun, the chants are still ringing in my head right now.

Anyway, it was Korea 0 and Japan 0. No overtime, no sudden death, no penalty kicks. However, because Korea scored the most goals overall, they were the champion. 3rd was China (the score was 3:0). Funny...China was the only team who had scored the whole night.

The train back home was super crowded. Around 62000 people attended the games. Both Kotsukue Station and Shin-Yokohama Station was jam packed. It was a 2 hrs ride home but miraculously we both got a seat. We talked about the major league baseball and with Eugene sensei's help, I finally got all 30 major league baseball team names down by heart. I am planning to have a MLB lesson in elementary school. Actually, I kinda did today during my private class with this 10 year old boy who is also a huge baseball fan. I think I can even double it as a geography lesson as well =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home